Monday, November 20, 2006

Thankfully nothing new

There is a calm settling slowly in our home. We don't cry every day. We don't talk about the affair incessantly. I don't even think about it incessantly. We are only going to counseling once a month now. I feel personally like I'm getting my life back.

I don't know if I'm ever going to lose my desire for closure from the other woman, but it doesn't feel like it is necessary in order for me to be happy again. I've been praying that if God will not grant me my request, He help me not want it so badly. He has answered the second half of that prayer and I'm more okay with it than I thought I would be.

The farther in time we get away from the affair, the more important it will be that we remain diligent in keeping our guard up for this situation. Next semester you might take more classes. I feel more at peace with that then I thought I would. It now seems more important to get you off campus as soon as possible then taking only one class at a time for the next year and a half. I pray God will guide us in this area so we don't slip into old patterns.

I guess today all I feel is calm. Nothing is urgent, pressing, or critical today. It's been a long time......

2 comments:

Mea Culpa said...

It has been a long time.

And we will decide how to proceed together in terms of school etc.

Therese in Heaven said...

Comments aren't working well.