Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Baby's Birthday

Today our son is one year old. He has been the one constant bright spot in this year. I am so glad that he was born in 2005 instead of 2006 because 2006 was horrible. My brother in law ran away from home and knocked up a teenager, my husband had an affair and all the garbage from that, our baby girl was miscarried, I lost my (supposed) best friend, relationships have become strained with extended family.....

Some years are like that. But the flip side is, some years are absolutely divine: truly tastes of heaven on earth. 2004 was that way for us. We were living near my university, my husband was commuting so I could finish my degree, and we were desperately, passionately, happily in love.

Back to my son's birthday. This was a tough year on the family, but I'm glad he was so young going through it so he won't remember the tears and fights. He has bonded in such a beautiful way with his daddy. He brings us so much joy.

His next year will be a happy one. I am sure of it. Mommy and Daddy are in a much better place now and as the months go by, we'll be even better, giving him a happy stable home to grow in.

Dear Lord,
thank you for our beloved son. He helped keep us together sometimes when times were hardest. Help us to raise him to love and serve you. Help keep all evil from him, but not all suffering, because as we see daily, it is suffering that perfects us and makes us worthy of Your kingdom. Take his life early if it's the only way he can join in the beatific vision, but if there is another way, grant us many happy years to enjoy this most marvelous blessing.
Amen.

No comments: