Thursday, September 21, 2006

Do I see and accept you as you really are?

My Love,
This is a difficult question. I think six months ago I would have said absolutely. But six months ago, I didn't know you as deeply as I do now. That would have been honest then, for the information I had.

Only now, though, seeing your vulnerability, can I answer that with a truer honesty. Now that I have been given the gift of seeing your weaker side, seeing your vulnerability, can I answer that I believe I do see and accept you as you really are. Until now, you and I didn't know each other as deeply. We had both been showing each other masks. I didn't want you to see that I needed help and wasn't always superwoman. You didn't want me to see or even see it in yourself that you too are vulnerable to temptation. I love this man I'm married to even more now than I did before the affair. He is infinitely more precious to me because I see that he needs protection too.

I have to wonder, though, is my trying to get you to lose weight, say the right thing in front of my parents, act a certain way around our families me NOT accepting you are you really are? Would I not love you if you didn't? I absolutely would. But is me still trying to control those things me rejecting a part of you?

I don't know the answer, my Love. What are your thoughts?

Love,

Me

3 comments:

Mea Culpa said...

I hate when you bring me to tears at work.

Mea Culpa said...

I think the answer comes down to motives. Your motive in getting me to lose weight is so that I will be healthy and will be around for a long time. In that, you see me for who I am, accept me, but still want the best for me. I dont look at that as rejection, rather, it is true love.

wanting to heal said...

There are no words to express the depth of my love for you.